Safe at Home Virtual Tulip Tour 2020
Welcome to our Covid-19 alternative to traveling to this year’s Tulip Festival an online workshop
Drawing Projects include: In session one, a Thumbnail Composition and a Perspective Project. In session two, Gesture studies in pencil or sketching with paint, and Color studies. In session three, a Full Color final tulip flower or landscape painting in your choice of media and selected from available personal photos, online search results or virtual tour link photo stills. Students can use their basic class kits for these. If you have questions about what materials you might need for an effect, please contact me.
- 80# drawing paper, 8 x 10 to 11 x 14” for gestures
- 140# watercolor paper, for painting with watercolor
- Pencil sharpener
- optional: tracing paper for using gesture studies in final works
Due to increased cost of living and equipment upgrades, class fees are now:
$50/hour Facebook or Gmail Video Chat one-on-one sessions
This Workshop involves three sessions to complete all tour activities. Students may continue with regular classes with individual sessions at the same rate.
Scheduling: Please select your preferred day of the week, time of day and dates in May-June 2020. Students are encouraged to continue with previously scheduled session times, however, exceptions may be possible.
- Mondays, starting May 11- June 1, 11am-12pm, 12:30-1:30pm (CAC group, Bourbonnais)
- Thursdays, starting May 7-28, 11am-12pm, 12:30-1:30pm, 2-3pm (Lombard group)
- Saturdays, starting May 9-30, 12:30-1:30pm, 2-3pm (Elk Grove Village/Schaumburg group)
- Computer browser to view MP4 video links
- Facebook or Google Gmail video chat capability; ie web camera or cell phone camera
- Payment via PayPal (Invoice link for full payment of three sessions; or you can pay for individual sessions and receive weekly email reminders)
VIDEO Direct Tulip Tour links to a variety of tulips and landscapes at farm, festival, zoo, arboretum, etc.
PDF Full color study guide with examples for projects, Session Handouts 1 Thumbnails & Perspective, 2 Gesture and Color studies, 3 Full Color with samples for Watercolor, Acrylic & Oil.
- Register: Schedule your preferred class time, and preferred program for chat (Google or Facebook) via an email or text. Jessica Kronika, firstname.lastname@example.org, 847-722-7032, https://www.facebook.com/jessica.kronika
- Pay workshop fee via Paypal link (Please specify if you prefer to receive email, text or Facebook Messenger link)
- Receive confirmation of your registration and payment with emailed links to videos, handout(s) and study guide pdf
- Watch videos, review study guide and each session handout prior to scheduled time
- Select flower, landscape, perspective, windmill, canal or festival images.
- Use Windows snipping tool or Apple Grab to select from the paused screen and save a picture. Let me know if you need help finding these, they are a standard application on your Windows or Apple.
- Print if you will need the same device screen to see video chat. Please identify the minute count where you paused any video, send with link and/or file of your photo and send to instructor.
- Set out your supplies
- Have a beverage &/or snack nearby
- Open Facebook or Google Gmail
- Instructor will contact you to open the chat at your scheduled date(s) and time(s)
Gossamer Grasses with Metallics
One-on-one or small group Facebook virtual classes with additional resources also available. Existing students will be able to confirm for existing schedules. New students will have options for scheduling as available.